What does BTW mean and stand for? In this lesson, you will learn the definition, other meanings and conversation examples of the acronym “BTW” in English.
What Does BTW Mean?
BTW stands for “By The Way”.
BTW is an acronym used everywhere on the internet – on message boards, internet forums, social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter, in email, texting, and instant messaging, and on websites like Craigslist or Reddit. BTW means By The Way. Typing “BTW” is much quicker than typing “by the way” which is why it’s used.
The acronym BTW is used when someone wants to add something to the end of a statement, for example, a person may say “Yeah, I just sold my car” band to tell someone that they’ve bought a new one, they would say “Yeah, I just sold my car. BTW, I bought a new one!
The acronym BTW is often used after someone types and sends a message online. A person may think of something that they forgot to send in a message so they would send another message starting with “BTW”.
- BTW = Between
- BTW = Build the Wall
- BTW = Born This Way
- BTW = Bridge the World
- BTW = Born to Win
- BTW = Below the Water
- BTW = Between The Words
- BTW = Before the War
- BTW = Books That Work
- BTW = Beyond the Wall
- BTW = Behind the Wheel
- BTW = Back To Work (shorthand used in email)
- BTW = Be That Way (less common)
- BTW = Balls to the Wall
- BTW = Bring the Wine
- BTW = Below the Waist
- BTW = Best to Worst (ranking)
- BTW = Boat Wave
- BTW = BioTech World
- BTW = British Traditional Wicca
- BTW = Business and Technical Writing
- BTW = British Traditional Witchcraft
- BTW = Bike This Way
- BTW = Better Than Wolves (gaming)
- BTW = Bearing to Waypoint
- BTW = Bluetooth for Windows
- BTW = Board Test Workshop
- BTW = Beyond These Walls
- BTW = Between the Wars
- BTW = Bring the Wheelchair (text slang)
Examples Using BTW
- BTW, I’m 21 years old.
- BTW, you’re very rude.
- BTW, he is my friend, not my brother.
- BTW, don’t disturb me!
Conversations: Conversation between two friends.
- Friend 1: Hey, I’ve just finished my English course.
- Friend 2: Wow, congrats! BTW, you got time to join our English club for practising tomorrow?
- Friend 1: Yeah, why not! see you tomorrow!
- Friend 2: Yeah! I’ll wait!
BTW Meaning Infographic