Concrete Noun! The concrete noun can be detected and felt with our five senses. In this lesson, you will learn a list of 60 common concrete nouns in English.
List of Concrete Nouns
Concrete Nouns with Examples
- A whale was found washed up on the shore.
- The tiger prowled through the jungle.
- A plastic surgeon successfully rebuilt his nose.
- All the wit in the world is not in one head.
- The bow twanged and the arrow whistled through the air.
- A fish always rots from the head down.
- The best smell is bread, the best savour salt, the best love that of children.
- Their engagement was announced in the paper.
- Turn your radio down, or you’ll wake the neighbours.
- Tony emerged unscathed apart from a severely bruised finger.
- Would you get some coffee when you go shopping?
- She washed her hands with a cake of soap.
- Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.
- The owl swooped down on the mouse.
- I decided to ditch the sofa bed.
- There are more ways of killing a cat than choking it with cream.
- The grapes are ripening, the apple trees are heavy with fruit.
- Avoid unhealthy foods such as hamburger and chips.
- The magician metamorphosed the frog into a prince.
- She drummed her fingers impatiently on the table.
- The boy surrendered the catapult to the teacher.
- The frequency of Kara’s phone calls increased rapidly.
- Leeds is midway between London and Edinburgh.
Concrete Nouns| Image
Tuesday 28th of September 2021
Monday 26th of October 2020