EACH vs EVERY? Do you know the differences between EACH vs EVERY in English? Please check the lesson below and find out what differences are.
The Differences Between EVERY vs EACH
EACH and EVERY are determiners in English grammar. And, what’s the difference between them?
We use EACH when referring to individual members of a group, one at a time.
- Each bird likes to hear himself sing.
- Each individual item has a number.
- Each of them having their own room was the logical solution.
- You should allocate the same amount of time to each question.
- Each man is the architect of his own fate.
We use EVERY to talk about collectively things more than individually. It means each, all.
- Every man has his own habit.
- A golden key opens every door
- Every failure one meets with adds to one’s experience.
- Every family has a skeleton in the cupboard.