Do you know what the idiom “Great Minds Think Alike” actually means? In this lesson, you will learn the meaning with useful examples of the idiom “Great Minds Think Alike” to use it correctly.
Table of Contents
Great Minds Think Alike
Meaning of “Great mind think alike”
This is a humorous expression that is used when you found out someone else was thinking about the same thing as you were. If you say, “Great minds think alike,” you say, jokingly, that you and someone else must be very intelligent or great because both of you thought of the same thing or agree on something. It is also used to emphasize a coincidence, or two people reaching the same conclusion in any manner at the same time.
Examples of “Great mind think alike”
- Person A: I’m going to the concert tonight.
- Person B: Oh, really? Me too. I heard the performers are excellent.
- Person A: Great minds think alike.
- Person A: He looks a bit like David Beckham…
- Person B: I was just thinking that!
- Person A: Great minds think alike, eh?
- Person C: More like fools seldom differ in this case…
Great Minds Think Alike Infographic