Have you ever wondered how to speak English fluently like a native speaker? Following are 20 powerful tips for speaking English which are chosen especially for ESL learners. Let’s discover what they are!
How to Speak English Fluently
Learn 20 tips to speak English fluently.
- Don’t worry about making mistakes because you will make mistakes as a learner.
- Be patient. This isn’t a one day process.
- Learn certain phrases that can be used in multiple situations.
- Learn how to greet someone properly.
- Talk slowly and carefully. Don’t rush through your sentences.
- Restrict yourself to simple sentences until you gain confidence.
- Watch out for your pronunciation. Many online tools will tell you how to pronounce a word correctly. Check one of them out when you’re in doubt.
- Carefully observe how proficient speakers of the language pronounce words and frame their sentences.
- Ask your friends, relatives and anyone you can to point out your mistakes and correct them.
- Speak to them in English only. Practice is a must.
- Record yourself reading one article aloud every day. Focus on pronunciation, speed, clarity and emphasis.
- Many online sites offer you the opportunity to voice chat with another user. This is an effective way to practice.
- Learn at least one new word every day and use it as a part of your conversation with people. By the end of the week, you should know seven words really well.
- Learn new words every day
- Read at least one article of your choice aloud every day.
- Watch English movies with subtitles.
- Watch English shows.
- Read books and magazines.
- Keep a pocket dictionary handy for any word you may need to know the meaning of.
- When you hear a new word, try to find its usage and its antonyms.
Tips for Speaking English | Image