What does ICYMI mean and stand for? If you’re looking for the slang term that ICYMI stands for, you’ve come to the right place. This lesson helps you clarify the meaning of this acronym with interesting conversation examples.
What Does ICYMI Mean?
ICYMI is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word which means “In Case You Missed It”. You use “ICYMI” when you are informing people about something they might have missed. For example: “Here’s the video everyone’s talking about, ICYMI.” It saves a lot of characters and gives you an excuse to re-share your existing content. If you’re sharing widespread news or old content, using ICYMI is a good idea.
Examples Using ICYMI
- Twitter post: Gary Thanks Everyone After His Final #RunningMan Filming #ICYMI
- ICYMI, here’s a link to her column in last Saturday’s newspaper.
Example 2: Conversation between two friends.
- Friend 1: Hey, what’re you doing?
- Friend 2: I’m relaxing. What about you?
- Friend 1: I’m watching TV. ICYMI, tonight, we have an appointment with the guitar club.
- Friend 2: Ok, 7 o’clock at White Garden coffee, right?
- Friend 1: Exactly! I will pick you at 6,5 pm.
- Friend 2: OK, ILY.muahhhh
ICYMI Meaning Infographic