IRL Meaning! Do you know what IRL stands for? In this lesson, you will learn the definition and how to use to acronym – IRL in English with useful example sentences.
IRL stands for “In Real Life”. It is used for messaging or social media. IRL refer to something in real life, in contrast with communication and interaction online or in a fictional situation.
Irl is an online slang word, and as such, it doesn’t belong in formal conversations. If you are in a formal conversation, consider replacing it with the phrase “in reality.”
IRL | Other Meanings
- Irish Investment Fund, Inc.
- Internal Representation Language
- It’s Ridiculously Lame
- Integrated Reader Lock
- Independent Reading Level
- Insane Racing League
- Internet Research Lab
IRL | Examples
- Those Instagram pictures have been retouched; he has considerably less hair irl.
- Irl, he wasn’t how she had imagined him at all.
- Things don’t happen quite that easily irl.
- IRL, there’s no magic wand to make all our problems disappear.
A: Ya, This girl is my style!
A: Susan, I met her in the game and we often chat with each other.
B: Oh, Did you meet her IRL?
A: No yet, We intend to meet each other IRL this weekend.
B: Haha, good luck for you!