Fruits and vegetables! In this lesson, you will learn a list of useful vegetables and fruits names in English with ESL picture to broaden your vocabulary.
Table of Contents
Fruits and Vegetables
List of vegetables in English
- Bamboo shoots
- Bean sprouts
- Beet (U.S) – Beetroot (U.K)
- Bell pepper
- Brussels sprouts
- Cactus pear
- Collard greens
- Green beans
- Green onion
- Red cabbage
- Red chili pepper (U.S) – Red chilly (U.K)
- Red onion
- Sweet potato
- Yellow squash
- Zucchini(U.S) – Courgette (U.K)
Learn vegetables with picture
List of fruits in English
- Passion fruit
Learn fruits with picture
Vegetables and Fruits with Examples
List of examples of vegetables and fruits in English.
- Artichoke leaf has been shown to lower cholesterol.
- I like asparagus soup.
- Coconut is one of the staple exports of the islands.
- The plum season is about to begin.
- The pineapple was sweet and juicy.
- Never has a passion fruit tasted sweeter.
- Lychee is a tropical fruit from southeast China.
- He cut the orange into quarters.
- The fruit tasted rather like mango.
- Each cake had a cherry on top.
- He spread some strawberry jam on his toast.
- He put a grape into his mouth and swallowed it whole.
- The nectarine is a fruit much a peach.
- Brush cake with strained apricot jam and place marzipan on top.
- Kiwi fruit are just the thing for a healthy snack.
- When I cut the lemon, juice squirted in my eye.
- Jack and Jill eat many kinds of food, but they like blueberry.
- They bought watermelons and ate them as they walked, spitting out the seeds.
- The zucchini plants quickly became my favorite.
- Tomato soup is my cup of tea.
- Sweet potato skin contains many useful nutrients in Ankang.
- Spinach is rich in iron and very good for you.
- The red cabbage salad is an extra treat on the plate.
- I pried open several cartons of bean sprouts, basil, and lettuces and soaked them in a pail of water.
- Eat up your broccoli. It’s good for you.
- Cabbage can be eaten raw.
- She cut up the carrots and put them in the pot.
- I’m just making the sauce for the cauliflower.
- He gave me a huge cucumber.
- He likes to eat eggplant.
- Serve with sausages or mushroom gravy.
- Life is like an onion; you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
- An average potato has about 90 calories.
- Pumpkin pie is a traditional American dish served on Thanksgiving.
Fruits and Vegetables | Infographic