What does “second to none” mean in English? In this article, you will learn the meaning of the idiom with example sentences and synonym phrases of it.
Table of Contents
Second To None
Second To None Meaning
Second to none means literally: there is no one to whom this person would be second. (i.e. It is the best.) It can be applied to objects, too.
Second To None Examples
- As a dancer, he is second to none.
- What method is second to none?
- Our scientific research is second to none.
- Her dribbling skills look second to none.
- As a football player, he is second to none.
- The quality of Britain’s overseas aid programme is second to none.
- Stoddard operational experience is second to none, maintaining their position as world leaders in Bonded Technology.
Its array of futuristic industries is second to none.
A standard of service that is second to none, with a speed and quality guarantee for all repairs.
Mark Elder conducts a performance that is second to none in brilliance and precision.
Mr Caton’s record as a schoolmaster is second to none.
Leven has a playing field second to none which is the envy of many villages in the area.
Todd Tiahrt is second to none among Gingrichite diehards in his zeal to cut tax.
His musical technique is second to none.
He has compiled a record second to none in its wretchedness.
The United States must appear second to none in its desire for disarmament.
Our school baseball team enjoys a second to none.
Second To None Synonyms
- Beyond compare
- Beyond comparison
- In a class of its own
- Without equal
- Without parallel
Second To None Infographic