Types of chairs! Following is a list of 25 popular chair types in English with their definitions and pictures to help you easily identify all of them.
Types of Chairs
List of different types of chairs/chair styles.
- Egg chair
- Desk chair (Office chair)
- Folding chair
- Rocking chair
- Waiting chair
- Ladderback chair
- High chair
- Dental chair/dentist chair/dental engine
- Hammock chair
- Adirondack chair
- Baby chair
- Side chair
- Tulip chair
- Cuddler chair
- Bowl chair
- Lounge chair
- Push chair
Chair Styles/ Types of Chairs | Definitions
Different chair types with their definitions and illustrated pictures.
– a comfortable chair with sides that support the arms.
– a soft and long seat with a back and usually arms, on which more people can sit at the same time.
Desk chair (Office chair)
– used in the office and often have a number of ergonomic adjustments: seat height, armrest height and width, and back reclining tension.
– a type of folding furniture, a light, portable chair that folds flat or to a smaller size, and can be stored in a stack, in a row, or on a cart.
– a type of chair with two curved bands (also known as rockers) attached to the bottom of the legs, connecting the legs on each side to each other.
– a type of chair without back or arm rests.
A deckchair (or deck chair) is a type of folding chair, usually with a frame of treated wood or other material.
– chair for people to sit in the bus stop, in the hospital, etc. It consists of more than one seat.
– a chair mounted on large wheels for the transportation or use of a sick or disabled person.
– a small carriage in which a baby or child is pushed around; a stroller or baby buggy.
– has the shape of a ball.
– has tall backs with two uprights. Between these two uprights exists multiple horizontal spindles or slats (three in the picture to the right).
– a long seat for several people, typically made of wood or stone.
– the seat is raised a fair distance from the ground.
Dentist chair (dental chair)
– a large chair-side appliance (often including the chair itself) for use in a dentist’s office.
– a distinctively styled outdoor chair characteristically made of wood.
Side chair (dining chair)
– an upright wooden chair without arms.
Bowl chair (Moon chair)
– a large rounded bowl-shaped chair with an adjustable angle. The bowl rests in an upright frame traditionally made of rattan, but also sometimes made of sturdy wicker or wood.
Chair Types | Infographic
Learn different chair styles with pictures