Types of chairs! Following is a list of 25 popular chair types in English with their definitions and pictures to help you easily identify all of them.
Table of Contents
Types of Chairs
List of different types of chairs/chair styles.
- Egg chair
- Desk chair (Office chair)
- Folding chair
- Rocking chair
- Waiting chair
- Ladderback chair
- High chair
- Dental chair/dentist chair/dental engine
- Hammock chair
- Adirondack chair
- Baby chair
- Side chair
- Tulip chair
- Cuddler chair
- Bowl chair
- Lounge chair
- Push chair
Chair Styles/ Types of Chairs | Definitions
Different chair types with their definitions and illustrated pictures.
– a comfortable chair with sides that support the arms.
– a soft and long seat with a back and usually arms, on which more people can sit at the same time.
Desk chair (Office chair)
– used in the office and often have a number of ergonomic adjustments: seat height, armrest height and width, and back reclining tension.
– a type of folding furniture, a light, portable chair that folds flat or to a smaller size, and can be stored in a stack, in a row, or on a cart.
– a type of chair with two curved bands (also known as rockers) attached to the bottom of the legs, connecting the legs on each side to each other.
– a type of chair without back or arm rests.
A deckchair (or deck chair) is a type of folding chair, usually with a frame of treated wood or other material.
– chair for people to sit in the bus stop, in the hospital, etc. It consists of more than one seat.
– a chair mounted on large wheels for the transportation or use of a sick or disabled person.
– a small carriage in which a baby or child is pushed around; a stroller or baby buggy.
– has the shape of a ball.
– has tall backs with two uprights. Between these two uprights exists multiple horizontal spindles or slats (three in the picture to the right).
– a long seat for several people, typically made of wood or stone.
– the seat is raised a fair distance from the ground.
Dentist chair (dental chair)
– a large chair-side appliance (often including the chair itself) for use in a dentist’s office.
– a distinctively styled outdoor chair characteristically made of wood.
Side chair (dining chair)
– an upright wooden chair without arms.
Bowl chair (Moon chair)
– a large rounded bowl-shaped chair with an adjustable angle. The bowl rests in an upright frame traditionally made of rattan, but also sometimes made of sturdy wicker or wood.
Chair Types | Infographic
Learn different chair styles with pictures