Types of Crimes! This lesson provides you some different types of crime in English. For example, a murder is different from a robbery, etc.
Types of Crimes
- MURDER – if you kill somebody.
Examples: He promised to avenge his father’s murder.
- SHOPLIFTING – if you steal items from shops.
Examples: If she carries on shoplifting, she’ll end up in jail.
- ASSAULT – if you attack someone physically.
Examples: He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
- ARSON – if you deliberately start a fire.
Examples: There were riots, arson, and killings.
- ROBBERY – if you take property unlawfully from someone or somewhere by force or threat.
Examples: The robbery was carried out by an armed gang.
- BLACKMAIL – if you make someone give you money so that you don’t reveal their secrets.
Examples: That was a terrible case of blackmail in the paper today.
- MUGGING – if you attack and rob somebody in a public place
Examples: Crime is on the increase, especially mugging and burglary.
- KIDNAPPING – if you abduct somebody and hold them captive.
Examples: The kidnapping occurred in broad daylight.